01 May 2010

Last Clinical of the Semester

Well, Friday night was my last night of clinicals as a student nurse.  I had a pretty good time.  I started out in the OB/Nursery area, but there wasn't much going on, so I got floated over to the Med/Surg area.  It was busy.  I like it when it is busy!  We had like 5 or 6 new admits and I got to help the nurses with the admitting and all that jazz.  I learned quite a bit and enjoyed myself.  After we reported off, did our documenting and had post conference, the teacher suggested we go to a local all night diner.  I normally would have said no thanks and skittered on home, but I decided to take a chance.  I was a little scared and left early, but I'm glad to got my proverbial toes wet.  I don't hate people, I just get a little anxious in group settings unless there are clearly defined boundaries, such as "patient" and "nurse."  I hope I can overcome that sooner rather than later. 

I'm excited to be just about done with school.  I just have to take my final exams and then I'm done.  Then I get to spend the next month or so studying to pass my boards.  Then job hunting.... We'll see how it goes.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have 3 rules:
1) NO SPAM
2) No profanity
3) No personal attacks
NO EXCEPTIONS.