14 May 2010

Post-School Field Report #1

Well, been graduated and done with school for a whole week now.  I've done a whole lot of sleeping and I feel a little disgusted with myself.  But, nothing to be done about that, I've been chronically sleep deprived for about the past 2 years.  I suppose I should cut myself a little bit of slack there.  

When I'm not sleeping, I've been busying myself with getting all of my paper work to take the NCLEX-RN completed and doing up part of the garden.  If all goes well, I'll hear when I can take my exam in the next week or 2.  I feel a little insecure for not job hunting right now, but I know I'm not in the right frame of mind for that right now.  I'll just concentrate on studying for the boards and improving my health for the next few weeks.  After I hear what my exam results are, THEN I'll start the job searching thing with full effort, even if it is flipping burgers while I study for (Heaven forbid!!) attempt #2 at the boards.  

I'm still waiting on my Drexell videos come to me in the mail.  I'm making do with an NCLEX review book until I get them.  I feel pretty bummed out that there wasn't an in-person review class here in town, but there was nothing that could be done.  I know you're asking me why I haven't gotten all of this stuff done earlier.  1) I was too stressed out to do much more than pass my classes.  2) Excessive stress makes me a little to wound up and impairs my ability to think rationally.  "Sane" Sarah is just now resurfacing for the first time in 3ish years.  Yeah, I realize that it wasn't a smart idea to wait so long, but there's nothing I can do about it RIGHT HERE AND NOW.  So no use kicking myself in the pants over that one.  

Well, I'm going to sign off now and go back to bed.  I've got 101 and things to do Friday.  Better than the 202 things I had to do, starting Monday.  I'm making progress! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job hunt and boards. Don't worry about taking longer to do things. There is nothing wrong with going at a pace you're comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete

I have 3 rules:
1) NO SPAM
2) No profanity
3) No personal attacks
NO EXCEPTIONS.